- If you want to implement a new process for delivery, start small with a specific challenge and consider your options for a new way of doing things from there.
- Don’t get too hung up on specific tech or apps – think about what challenge you’re facing with delivery first and match the tech to that challenge (rather than choosing a tool because everyone else uses it).
- Always make time for wellbeing and managing your stress levels – build into your schedule if you need to, if you are consistently working to the unrealistic expectations of others think about a way to adjust their expectations to relieve the pressure on you and your team.
- Consider the mindset of others when asking them to adhere to an internal process – do you need to do extra work to create buy in from them?
- Think about the skills and mindset of the people you’re asking to use a new delivery system – creative teams may operate quite different to technical teams, for example.
- Communication is key – letting others know WHY the system exists and creating buy in that way, is much more effective than simply telling them to use it.
We’ll be discussing project management more in the peer group sessions, so AC members keep an eye out!
If you’d like to join in and are considering joining the Agency Collective, check out our membership page, or give Anne Harlow from the team a shout via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.