At the Agency Collective, we support agency leaders to collaborate, do good, learn and grow. As part of this mission, we are committed to helping our agencies create more diverse, equitable and inclusive workspaces for their teams.
In this blog, our Community Manager Amy Moore, explains more about how we achieved this.
The Changemaker Award: Recognising Excellence in DE&I
Two years ago, we kicked off a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) survey to understand the awesome things our agencies were doing and areas for improvement. Out of this, The Changemaker Award was born – a nod to agencies going above and beyond in fostering DE&I not just as a policy but as a living part of their culture.
What Sets Changemaker Agencies Apart?
We looked at two key areas for our assessment criteria:
- Diverse workforce from top to bottom
- Inclusive and equal work culture
- Transparent job descriptions and pay structures
- Bias-free recruitment processes
- Ongoing DE&I training for all team members
- Accessible mentoring for everyone
- Inclusive social culture
- Policies committed to DE&I
- Responsible client and supplier partnerships
- A charter outlining expectations for all stakeholders
- Proactive engagement with inclusive brands
- Public DE&I statements
- Zero-tolerance for harassment and discrimination
- Inclusive imagery in marketing
- Equal pay
- Annual tracking and reporting on DE&I stats
Please join us in congratulating our first Agency Changemakers…
- East Village Agency:
- Multi-award-winning Birmingham agency
- Prioritises people and purpose over profit
- Team EV charter for driving positive change
- GottaBe! Marketing:
- Award-winning, independent marketing agency
- Specialises in multicultural marketing
- On a mission to drive change and empower brands
- Something Big:
- Creative communications agency committed to making a meaningful difference
- Advocacy work for people with disabilities
- Fostering awareness and positive change for inclusivity
- Intent Health:
- Leading healthcare PR agency
- Puts representation at the heart of healthcare communications
- Focuses on reaching forgotten, ignored, and misunderstood communities
Looking Ahead to 2024: More Changemakers on the Horizon!
We’re committed to supporting more agencies in achieving Changemaker status. In the coming year, we’re rolling out workshops, training, and events to equip you with the knowledge and support needed to become a Changemaker agency.
If you would like any further information, please feel free to reach out to me: firstname.lastname@example.org